Based on a farm in Derbyshire, with The Farmer, three teenage sons, a load of cows, a few chickens and Stanley the wirehaired Viszla, I work part time for our Agricultural Contracting Business & working Farm orders and accounts which allows me flexibility to train.
I started Triathlon 9 years ago to lose weight and get fit. After spinal surgery 5 years ago, I decided it was time to make the most of the chance I’d been given, joined Belper 10:20 triathlon club, learned to swim front crawl and haven’t looked back.
In 2021 I was 5th in Age Group at the Lakesman Middle Distance later, (3rd fastest on the bike), which gave me a qualifying time to register for the 2022 European Middle Distance Aquabike Championships and 3rd in Age Group at the Redcar Sprint Triathlon Qualifier, which got me a place at the 2022 European Sprint Championships in Munich.
Following a nasty bike crash at The Roc Triathlon, Wales in September 2021 I had to work even harder to get back to fitness in 2022 but am really pleased with my achievements:
· 10th Age Group Outlaw Nottingham 70.3
· 1st Age Group Ashbourne Sprint Triathlon
· 1st Age Group Abersoch Standard Triathlon
· 1st Age Group Cleveland Steelman Middle Distance Aquabike
· 2nd Age Group National Triathlon Relays
· 2nd Age Group Matlock Sprint Triathlon
· 1st Age Group Derby Sprint Triathlon
· Represented GB Age Group at the European Sprint Championships in Munich
· Represented GB Age Group at the European Middle Distance Aquabike Championships in Bilbao
· Qualified for GB Age Group at the 2023 World Long Distance Aquabike Championships in Ibiza & the 2023 European Middle Distance Aquabike Championships in Belgium
I was lucky enough to have an EZ Disc bought and fitted for my 50th Birthday and, without a doubt, this has helped me gain those extra minutes whilst racing. The EZGains team are so helpful and committed to making us faster without breaking the bank!